Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thrifting and something crunchy

I had written this whole elaborate post on Isaiah's birthday party, but when I went to post the pictures, they didn't show up. I figured, what kind of post would that be, so I'll save that for another day. Instead here are some little things that I picked up at the thrift store while I was shopping for my Good Things swap. This is by far the best thrift store I have ever been to, they always have great things, and fabric! These plates I just thought were so cute. It was one of those things I had passed on at a previous trip to the store and figured that if they were still there, that I was meant to have them. Luckily, they were still there, and it happened to be a monday which means 25% off everything, so for a measily 60 cents, this is what I got.
Also, as mentioned in my organzing rant, I have a million margarita glasses. So what does one need to make margaritas? Fresh lime juice from my very own, very cute $1.81 juicer. They almost always have great fabric too. One special trip I picked up this sample pack of fabrics for less than $2.00. They are perfect for making wristlets and pouches.
And for 40 cents, I found two old issues of Cooking Light magazines, one of which had a very great recipe for some yummy granola. Recipe Here. I didnt have some of the ingredients, so I substituted for what I had. Instead of orange juice I used apple, and I added a small amount of Maple Syrup for the vanilla. I also didn't have any flaxseed, but I didn't miss it. As for the nuts I used almonds and hazelnuts and added a handful of coconut. Oh, and added a tiny bit more cinnamon than the recipe called for. De-lish!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by! I love Martha Stewart! I like her new show as much as the old one, maybe even better. I was totally tuned in on my off track time. Now that I am back at school I don't get to see it. I don't have any space in the apartment for a crafting room and I am trying to see what can be done about that. Tonight I want to sew something, but it is a hasle to lug out the sewing machine.

Unknown said...

You weren't by chance shopping at a Unique Thrift Store? LOL I recognize the prices and the 25% off Monday because that is my very fave thrift here! It's HUGE (in an old grocery store space) and well-organized and clean and I can almost always find something to buy! Usually lots of somethings. :) Great finds! Love the dishes.

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE those plates. Too, too cute! They look like vintage fabric.