Friday, March 23, 2007

My Lucky Day

Ok... so you are not going to freakin believe it, but look what I found!!!



Yesterday I went up to Baltimore to visit my brother-in-law who just had surgery. While I was there I had to tie up some loose ends, so I ran to the Borders nearby to see if they had it. Jen had left a comment that she found hers at Borders, so I figured I'd try there. First I checked the craft magazines, but it wasn't there. Not to be defeated, I looked over in the foreign magazines and there sat a lone Marie Claire Idees magazine. I cannot tell you the sheer excitement I felt. I probably looked like such a lunatic because I was grinning from ear to ear and clutching onto the magazine like someone was trying to take it from me. Now mind you, I had been going to this same Borders once a week for a couple of months. It had become a nightly escape for me after dinner to go read some magazine and have a coffee. And they never ever had that magazine. But oh, how my luck had changed!


I am in love with this magazine. Everything is so pretty and I want to do all the projects. I was always in love with everything French. I took it in high school and college, so I can read a little. I have never been to France, but maybe someday!



Aren't these things just so dreamy? I want to make everything. Even the recipes looked yummy.


And look at this craft table. How cute is that? Everything is so neat and organized. Who am I kidding? I'll never be that neat and organized, but a girl can dream, can't she??!?

Oh, and of course I find this magazine after I had obsessivly placed a bid on one on ebay. Someone was selling like 10 of them separately and I bid on a few, but only won one. Thank goodness, my husband's probably really thinking I'm crazy now. So this should be on it's way to me soon!


Then I ran to the Post Office. A while back the man who runs it had asked me if I wanted to sell some of my bags there. It is a contracted post office, so it had a little gift shop in it. And guess what? He had sold one! Good thing I just had spent $9 on the magazine. hee hee.
And then waiting for me at my in-law's house was my April Issue of MSL. I love having that every month. My lovely cousin, who got married in September, gave that to me as a bridesmaid gift. Who ever said being a bridesmaid didn't have its perks!?!?

Alright, hope you all enjoyed my magazine obsession! I hope I'm not creating an obsession for anyone else! I'm off to visit family in Rochester, NY this weekend. Have a great weekend!



10 comments:

lera said...

YOU GOT IT!?!?!? I'm so jealous!!!! I'll have to find a Borders. There aren't any around here.

Anina said...

What a funny story! And I can SO relate...
Love your blog - am adding it to my favorites list.

Miss Bliss said...

In the last few months I have developed a bit of a magazine obsession my self! As a matter of fact that is becoming evident my the growing pile on my bed side table! I am loving the April- Living, how gorgeous are those tread eggs? Thanks for the comment by the way!

beki said...

I've yet to lay eyes on a Marie Claire Idees. Too bad we don't have any Borders near by.

Natasha said...

Oh you are so lucky!! A big-ol-bummer about living in the boonies is the lack of a decent book store!!This really puts a damper on my own mag addiction. I am sooooo jealous!

Jess said...

I too am a magazine addict! Have a fabulous time in Rochester - I lived there for five years, and sometimes I miss it. Have some Abbott's custard for me!

Sarah and Jack said...

Lucky Girl! Can you possibly take a closer photo of that tulip quilt (?) for me? You can email it if you want. I was thinking of a tulip theme for the next napping pillow...

DIANA said...

HEllo i'm from Italy and i love marieclaireidees too!!!My husband was born in Rochester because his parents worked here,but we live all in Italy now..i found you on mintbasil blog..have a good day!!

Heidijayhawk said...

i am soooo happy for you! enjoy your magazine, topeka kansas is not quite so good about french magazines.

LA said...

This seals it. I gotta get me one! I have a huge magazine obsession. And craft mags are just starting for me.

I like to go to Borders for a mom break, too. What's not to like - coffee, books, chairs, other people's kids & not mine! :)

Thanks for stopping by the pink kitchen.
Cheers! LA