Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a factory...

Last week I had a terrible dream about my upcoming craft show. I dreamt that I arrived late and only came with 5 headbands to sell. Of course, after that, I was feeling very anxious that I had barely done any work for the show. It is only 3 weeks away now and I'm feeling the pressure. Thankfully my family was down this weekend and I was able to get a good jump start on all the sewing. My mom and sister even helped to cut out some of the headband pieces. It's amazing what you can do with a few extra set of hands.

We also had a get together at our house on Saturday. We were surrounded with lots of family and friends and had a great time. John was feeling pretty tired, but he enjoyed the company. I know it's hard for him not to be as active and social as he is used to being. That's probably the toughest part. Anyway, Saturday night we played a fun game, something I haven't done in a very long time. It was hilarious and I was glad to get in some great belly laughs.

Most of Sunday and Monday were spent sewing. My sewing table has been in a constant state of disarray (see above picture). For the craft fair we had the option of sending in "swag" for bags for the first 100 customers. I had originally set out to make a bunch of bookmarks. These are quick and easy to make, but still, 100 is a lot. I'm thinking about just sending in the 60 I made and sending in my business cards for the rest. What do you think? Is that bad? There's still lots more sewing to be done. Right now I'm in the process of making 60 headbands. I can't wait for those to be finished! I'm sick of this project.


Tomorrow, a quick patchwork bookmark tutorial. (Although it's so easy, I'm sure you could figure it out!)

11 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

now that looks like some productive sewing!

Mrs Moog said...

Wow - you're busy! It's so amazing how much you can get done when you're up against it.

Glad to hear you had a fun time this weekend. it is so important to laugh whenever you can.

Take carexx

Margaret said...

I never thought sewing was real "work" until I made 60 business card holders for my first craft fair last weekend. I never made it to 100 - too awful to think about... send in those business cards with my blessing! You did good!
cute bookmarks . . . looking forward to that tutorial

lera said...

Are you getting sick of sewing because you have to? I get that way. I like to sew because I want to sew, not because I have to. Especially the 100 bookmarks. I would tire of them after 20 if it were me. Good luck.

Chara Michele said...

100 is a lot of bookmarks! I think it would be fine if you sent in the 60 & then sent your business cards for the rest. :)

It looks like you have been quite productive:) I hope the craft fair goes really good for you!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Katie!

Amanda Jean said...

I love your patchwork bookmarks. they are cute...what a great idea!

100 is a LOT of bookmarks to make.

Anina said...

I'm so happy that you're keeping busy with all that's going on in your life right now. This can be therapeutic. Send 60 bookmarks. I'm sure something is better than nothing.

iSew said...

Wow! You're a busy girl. I'm barely keeping my head afloat with Etsy & the farmer's market. I can't imagine prepping for an actual craft show, lol. I'm sure you'll do well. I wish I had some help. I can sometimes convince Nick to put snaps on bibs (only because it requires a hammer), but that it.

African Kelli said...

Oh my -- you are blogging! My silly browser hadn't updated! I am so excited to go back and see what you've created.
These, my friend, are great.

Anonymous said...

Here's a thought. Just put your business card in all 100 bags, and staple a little ticket to each one that is redeemable for a free bookmark at your booth. They have to come to you to get the free bookmark, which brings their business.

Plus they'll get a kick out of picking out their own bookmark. If you put a "while supplies last" or something similar on the ticket, then 60 should be plenty!