Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not much to show

I'm busy crafting away for the Spring Fling Swap (hi Bee!), so I don't have much to show craft wise. I don't wait to spoil the surprise. My swap partner lives all the way in New Zealand, so the suspense will even be longer when my package is sent off to her. I've found some great things for her, so I can't wait to get the package together and for her to get it!

Anyway, since I don't have much to show, I thought I'd share a fun website for all you book readers. It's particulary good for this time of year because it encourages some Spring Cleaning! If you don't know about it already, you should go check it out. It's called PaperBackSwap and I believe I found it in Blueprint Magazine. Anyway, the premise is very simple. You start by listing 8 books that you would be willing to part with, and in turn you get 3 credits. These credits allow you to then request books from other swapers. So far I think I have sent 2 books, with another being sent today. I have also received 3 books. Each time you send a book out, you get another credit.

I was a bit skeptical about it at first, but so far it's working out. Best of all, it's free (for right now at least). They also have SwapaCD, which I haven't tried yet, but sounds fun. Anyway, go check it out, it's a good chance to get some books you've been wanting to read for a while and you can get rid of some of those dusty ones on your shelf!

(And no, I wasn't paid to talk about this!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty groovy books swap!

Anina said...

Another thing for the "to do" list. I should stop reading blogs...

lera said...

They sound like interesting swaps. I haven't had much luck with swaps.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know about that site - thanks so much!

Natasha said...

Can't wait to see what you create!! Thanks for the link as well.

Amanda Jean said...

my sister just started this and she is really enjoying it, too.