Wednesday, March 05, 2008

For the love of Blossoms

Do you know how much I love Ginger Blossom? Perhaps you would have guessed by now. But I do. It's just, well, dreamy. I made this wallet the other night. I really like the design. It's sturdy thanks to some double sided fusible extra stiff interfacing.
The only problem is hand finishing the binding. It's a bit tough on the fingers because of the interfacing. I managed to finish it while watching The Darjeeling Limited with John. Have you seen that movie? I loved it. Owen Wilson is great.


Oh, and one more thing. I'm participating (or will be soon, ahem) in Anina's Dear Baby Jane project and I've been trying to decide what color palette to use. I really think I want to use Reds and Aquas, so my request to you, dear blog friends, does anyone have any scraps that they're willing to part with? They need to probably be at least 2"-3" big, but could be bigger. I would prefer vintage-y type prints, but I won't be too picky ;) I'd be down with a little swap if anyone's interested. Anyway, e-mail me at katiebhandbags@gmail.com if you are.

9 comments:

ShellyH said...

Awesome! I wish I was a talented seamstress! You did a great job on that!

Anonymous said...

OK this is so cool and I want one!

Anina said...

Love the wallet. Your work is always so very, very neat.
I'll dig in my scrap pile tonight for reds and aquas. That will be a beautiful color scheme for the quilt.

lera said...

Great wallet.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it!
I am only just starting out with the scraps and don't have much to share.

Sew Spoiled said...

Hi, I think I have this pattern in a magzine. I have been thinking of trying it. You have inspired me. Was the interfacing the only place were it was a little hard?? I love your fabric choices. Thanks for the picture!!

Philigry said...

i love this katie! it looks so professional! i wish i had some fabric to share with you. i don't have anything in those colors except some left over fabric from the kids fleece snowman p.j.'s. i just don't think that will cut it. Love aqua and red together! msybe you could find some cool vintage sheets to use. it may be a bit cheaper, but then there is all the cutting!
can't wait to see what you come up with!

house on hill road said...

i've got scraps - probably more aqua than red, but i will check it out. email me your address.

Chara Michele said...

That wallet is lovely.