Friday, July 13, 2007

Doll Quilt Finished

Oh, how I loved all your poop stories. I am happy to report no more pooping instances have propped up. Thank goodness. I finally finished my first doll quilt in my quest for a wall of quilts. It's really small, but I do love it. I'm glad that it is all mine and that I don't have to swap it!! I hand quilted it, which was an experience. The stitches are long and uneven, but I kind of like it like that. I don't know how the Amish do it so neat and perfectly. I suppose practice makes perfect. I also used Heather Bailey's tutorial for quilt binding and it is brilliant! It is written so clearly and couldn't be easier. I didn't take a picture of the back of the quilt, mostly because I forgot, and partially because it is not too pretty to look at. The backing is from the same fabric as the binding. Now that I have a lot of 5" squares I see many more doll quilts in my future!

The pictures aren't the best because I think we're getting ready to have a thunderstorm. I love when it rains in the summer! Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, your poop story!!!! I had to read it and it brought back memories...

Your doll quilt is so pretty! Gosh, you "quilty" kind always amaze me!

lera said...

Pretty doll quilt.

Will you please send your rain to this part of Maryland?? We've been dry, dry, dry up here.

Sarah and Jack said...

It is gorgeous Katie! (But I always wish I could enlarge your photos!)

jessica said...

so beautiful! I can't wait to see more!

Jenn Maruska said...

Lovely!

It's so easy to start projects - but to see them through to the end can sometimes be a challenge. Good job!!! It looks darling and you are well on your way to a beautiful wall of quilts : )

Jess said...

That is too cute - I love the wall of quilts idea and may have to steal it (too lazy to paint)!

Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful! That is great that you hand quilted it, I'm going to have a go at hand quilting the next small quilt I make, I'm scared! =)

Anina said...

It's so cute! I'm eyeing the walls around here to see if I have space for a wall of little quilts.
We had a scary thunderstorm here this morning. We're not used to those over here, although where I grew up they were pretty much a daily occurrence in the summer months.

Jennifer said...

It's great Katie. I love it when lines are uneven on quilts. It adds something more to them.

Breanna said...

The quilt is perfectly sweet! I love summer thunderstorms, it seems that the ones on the Hudson Valley don't pack the same punch that the ones I remember from my childhood in Northern Michigan.

Karyn said...

I love your quilt! You hand quilted it too????? I really am impressed!

Chara Michele said...

Your doll quilt is lovely! And I have to say I am very impressed with the fact that you hand quilted it! :)