Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Urban Home Goods Swap Part Deux

for my urban home goods swap partner

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. My sister and I took a quick trip up to my hometown in NY for my cousin's bridal shower & bachelorette party. It was a great time and I really didn't want to leave. The weather was perfect and fall was just beginning to set in. Thankfully the wedding is in a month and I'll be able to visit again soon.

hexagon potholder



Anyway, I'm participating in the Urban Home Goods Swap again on flickr. This was such a fun swap the first time around, that I didn't want to miss out on the second round, even though we're been crazy busy. I don't want to say too much about what my partner had asked for because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but obviously these items are kitchen themed. It was also my first time using insul-bright, which I used for the trivets and potholder. It was pretty easy to work with, just like batting, I even quilted right through it. I'm in love with the potholder I made and I think it'll probably be the first of many. If I can get my act together, I might even put up a free pattern. We'll see. 

3 comments:

Ginger said...

those look great, love those colors!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That set would brighten up anyone's kitchen!! Cute.

Wendy said...

Oh how gorgeous!! What a lucky swap partner, the pot holder is brilliant. We have pot holders over here which are larger versions of yours which we call oven gloves.