Wednesday, February 10, 2010

doll quilt top


First off, you guys are the best. Thanks for the words of encouragement & prayers. I'm happy to say John is home and is feeling a lot better. It's good to see him having a little energy. Hopefully it'll continue to go that way.

We're now in the middle of our second major storm of this month. I'm pretty sure there's about another foot of snow and more coming down as I type. While I am starting to really feel the cabin fever, it is nice to have an excuse to bake and sew. This morning I finished the top for my Doll Quilt Swap. I'm still deciding on what binding to use and how to quilt it. Any suggestions? I'm sort of leaning towards not using a binding. I wish I had a bigger of piece of the FMF gray seeds because that would probably look good, but I don't, so I'll have to think of something else.

Alright, back to watching "Cars" with Isaiah. I'm pretty sure this about the 100th time I've watched it. At least it's better than Thomas ;)

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is one smashing doll quilt. I think you have the right idea with no binding. It may distract from some of the fabrics.

Ginger said...

I think this would look great with or without a binding. If you had some more of either of the black and white prints I think that would look great.

Stephanie said...

I think the large black and white circles would be great for the binding! Once we're both dug out of this snow, let's get together. I hope it's soon!!! (there is a five foot wall of snow in front of my garage - I am optimistic though)