Thursday, October 23, 2008

what to knit?


Today it is officially cold and not just chilly, although I'm still resisting turning the heat up higher. Isaiah has also coincidentally decided that he no longer likes hooded jackets. So, my friends, I need a pattern suggestion for a hat for this little guy. I'd like to use one of these two yarns (one is chunky the other bulky) that I picked up thrifting a few months back, and preferably something quick and easy. Something that I could get a good head start on tonight during t.v. watching and maybe finish this weekend. I thought maybe this cute hat would work, but I'm not sure he'd like the bill on it. Anyway, hope one of you will have a great suggestion. I'm really in the knitting mood today. I just want to curl up in a comfy blanket, something warm to drink in hand, and knit something.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Loving your blog! Would love to trade links, My blog is www.CocktailMoms.blogspot.com
Looks like we are in the same state? MD? We took the kids to the farm for the hayride, to get pumpkins and pet the animals. I think the animals won, on what the best part of the day was.
Cheers!
Gretchen

Philigry said...

oh, could you just knit up a regular hat, using both yarns? Do a little stripey thing? I love blue and brown together. on big needles, i bet you could have it done today!

Karen M said...

Hi Katey - love your blog - I rolled on the floor when I saw your craft room mess - I am not alone!!
I am knitting this http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer05/PATTwildstripes.html

for a friend who is expecting....
(good therapy for me too!_

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a suggestion, Katie, but I'm clueless when it comes to knitting. I've been loving catching up on all your posts and what you've been working on lately!