Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mini Wallet

Wow, has it really been a week since I last blogged? My week/weekend was pretty busy. It was my sister's birthday and my parents came down to visit. It was good fun and I also got to catch up on season 4 of Weeds at my sister's apartment. Very exciting.

I've also been busy sewing for my upcoming craft fair. Although there is a lot of sewing going on, there are also a lot of unfinished projects. This is the most likely to blame for the lack of blogging, as I thought it would be rather boring to post a pile of unfinished things. I finally have something finished to show and I am really excited about this. I've been dreaming up this mini-wallet since I had a plain leather one in college.
This one is slightly different, since there are places to hold a credit card and a change pouch on the inside. The outside has a place to put an ID and there is a key ring for keys.

Originally, I had wanted to use leather for the outside and closure tab, but it ended up being kind of sloppy. I really like the look, so I may have to play around with it. I have about 10 more of these cut out, so don't be surprised if this is all I blog about this week!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very cute and practical! I bet these will sell well!

Philigry said...

i love this!

Anonymous said...

I love Weeds. It's the highlight of visiting my mother although she says I need adult supervision for the shows I watch (I'm 32).

Cute wallet. Have you thought about doing a tutorial? I would love it!

lera said...

Love the wallets, Katie. Great job.

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

These are so cute!! Nice work

Anina said...

Very cute. I'm sure they'll be a hit.

Anonymous said...

man, i could use something like this! how much are you selling them for?

tarabu said...

j'tadore!

those are fabulous! I had those same boring bifold keychain/wallets when I was in school and these are sooo much nicer.

yum!

Nani Luculescu said...

I would LOVE to see a tutorial for this!!! =)