Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Capitan!

In my quest to find a cute hat for Isaiah, I came across several that I wanted to knit for myself. Ravelry is a dangerous place, let me tell you. When I saw the Capitan Hat, I just had to knit it. It was really quick and easy, especially for a first time hat knitter like me. I think my technique on the brim could be a little better, but maybe after a little blocking it will cooperate more. Did you know that's it's really hard to take a picture of yourself wearing a hat? Well, it is. These are the best I could get, and there were some funny looking pictures in there. Hope I'm not scaring anyone away! Now I am really loving knitting hats. They are such a satisfying project because they go so quickly. I'm sure this will be the first of many.

I also wanted to mention that my 2-year blog birthday is coming up and I'm going to have a big giveaway. I'm planning on Friday, so make sure to check back!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

i completely agree there is much hat danger at ravelry. i probably printed off 9 or 10 hat patterns earlier this month. and i love hats, too because, like you said, they are so quick to knit.

Katie said...

Great hat! I wish I could knit, but it's never gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want one! LOL!

Stephanie said...

It (and you in it) looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love the hat. Great job!

Philigry said...

i love this hat! i have it in my favorites! love it on you.

Bee said...

Awesome job on your hat and your husbands hat. I must go and visit this website.

Kimmie said...

Your new hat is way cute...great job. I can't believe it is your first hat...amazing!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

FinnyKnits said...

Friggen Ravelry. I can't get my queue down to less than 5 projects. And NOW there's this hat of yours WHICH I LOVE.

Really cute, doll - I will be in Ravelry if you need me ;)