Thursday, October 30, 2008

Turn a Square

So, officially I'm obsessed with knitting hats. Now I've only knit two so far, but I can tell there are many, many more on the way. Since John is now sporting the bald look, I thought I'd knit him a hat to keep him nice and cozy. He has several hats floating around here, but they all seem to have been misplaced. A perfect excuse for a hat to be knit. I, again, found this pattern through Ravelry. It seems to be very popular and I can see why. It's called "Turn a Square" by brooklyntweed. I am really pleased with how this came out, especially for my first more than one color knit. I think I used the wrong size needle by accident, because the corners are a little bigger than they're supposed to be. Oh well, lesson learned. At least John's head will be nice and warm.
Make sure you come back tomorrow for my blog birthday giveaway. Here's a hint: It involves a flat rate box filled with things most of us like to hoard!

4 comments:

tarabu said...

ooooh, oooooh, ooooooh, fabric/yarn/paper lust in overdrive - oh all the things I hoard!

looking forward to it!

Karyn said...

I think I have the "hat bug" too!! Both of yours are great!

Ashley Ann said...

John's hat looks so nice! Your birthday gets more exciting every day. Can't wait!

Stephanie said...

I love the hat. I'm so impressed with your hat making skills. It's taken me a week just to knit one arm of Toast. :)