Friday, March 27, 2009

BLQB blocks and john update

I am finally caught up on my blocks for the Busy Little Quilting Bee.

This block is for Jenny who is making two quilts for her daughters. This is for her daughter who likes diamonds and giraffes. I was going to try to add more diamonds, but those little suckers are tricky!



This block is for Betty who requested triangles. I basically drew out on a plain piece of paper how I wanted it to look and then just paper pieced the triangles. This could probably get really addicting.



These two blocks are for Valerie who is making two quilts for her family room. She sent all these gray and yellow fabrics and I think it quickly becoming one of my new favorite color combination.





I also wanted to give a quick update on John. He had a PET scan on Monday and we were really pleased (and relieved) by the results. He only has one remaining "lesion" and the scan showed that it is slightly smaller and less "intense" since he last scan. So he can continue with his normal treatment and by next week he'll be down to one doctor's appointment a week instead of the two he's been having. Very exciting stuff!

17 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

That little giraffe is adorable - cute stuff Katie! Great news on John

Philigry said...

such great news, and i love all of your blocks. you are so creative.

Diane said...

Fantastic news on John! All of your blocks are great. I need to get caught up on mine!

iSew said...

I'm so glad to hear that John is doing well, hooray!!!

Your quilt blocks are all stunning, you do such lovely work.

Anonymous said...

good news on john! and, again, my lady will love the giraffe!

Valerie said...

So happy for your family! That is great news indeed!

I love all of the blocks, especially the giraffe and yellow/grey ones. I'm trying to get caught up today and tomorrow with the February blocks for the Pieced Together Bee -- don't know where the time got away to...:)

Darci said...

Gorgeous blocks, great colors. The embroidered giraffe is sooooooo adorable!

Great news for your family!!!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope John's results continue to improve. I also love the gray and yellow combination. Of course your creativity in using the fabric also makes the blocks so awesome.

Val said...

You are so talented. I love all of your blocks. I am glad John's report was good.

lera said...

So happy to hear John's report.

(Your blocks look great. Lucky people.)

Anina said...

You've been busy! I love the one with the giraffe.
I'm so glad John's results are positive.

jessica said...

Such great news about John - hooray!

And those blocks are amazing - I love all of your fabric combos!

tarabu said...

so glad to hear your love is doing better - and if Valerie can remember where she found that adorable yellow elephant fabric, I need to know!

Sam said...

I love that Giraffe. Did you do it? Impressed.

FinnyKnits said...

Good update on John - so glad to hear it :)

And I lovelovelove that gray and yellow quilt. Wow. Truly gorgeous.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.