Monday, November 17, 2008

updates


Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a million piles in their house. Liz left a comment saying " a creative mess is better than tidy idleness." It really stuck with me, and I don't think I could have said it better! This weekend I was able to make a good dent in them, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that there might always be a pile around. Especially with everything that is coming up in the next few weeks. John started his last round of chemo on Thursday, and is now looking at his bone marrow transplant to take place around the 10th or 11th of December. This means that most likely he'll be in hospital for Christmas, but as long as it means that he's getting better, I'm o.k. with that. Hopefully he'll be able to keep posting here so that everyone can read what's going on with him.

Anyway, I'm still working on my doll quilt. The quilting is proving to be more tricky than I thought it would be. I was intending to use free motioning quilting, but it just take so much effort and I want instant results! I'm hoping to finish it up this afternoon.

In "shop" related news, I've added this quilt and bag. I'll be adding the leather bag later in the day. I've also sent out my first newsletter, which you can also receive, if you'd like, by clicking on the right hand side. It includes a 10% off coupon of your entire order in my shop. I'm interested to find out how this newsletter helps my business. Right now I'm on a trial with constant contact, and I'd like to see if it's worth the monthly fee. I'll report back with my findings for those that are curious too.

Hope your week is starting well. I'm enjoy a nice quiet house and the bright sunlight.

9 comments:

Michaela said...

Oh, yes remember my quiet wish for this weekend? Nope, most of the piles still there. School kept me busy, but I did sneak in a tiny project.
Love the bag!
Will think of you in your busy upcoming days...

Anonymous said...

Loving reading your blog and seeing all the beautiful crafts. That bag is to die for. And the quilt is awesome, love the choice of colours :-)

Needled Mom said...

I do hope that all of this mess can be called "creative" at my house too. I like that quote.

It sounds like you will be busy for the next few weeks/month. Best of luck to John. I know that this must be difficult for everyone. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Philigry said...

the quilt and bags are beautiful! I finished something for you today....i will mail it out in a few days.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must know...where do I find the orange birdy print?! I love it! And that bag is perfect - too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
I knew your blog from Jacquie when you made a giftaway 'lovely fabrics' present. It was a pity I was not winner :), but i really do like your blog. Inspiring to me..coz I just started to learn hand sew and try to make a still-in-progress- quilt.

tarabu said...

I do so love your piecework bags - if the mess is the price of creativity, I'll gladly pay for it every day!

Alana Jo said...

That bag is lovely!

Unknown said...

It is my first time reading your blog and I wanted to first say that I am sending John healing vibes his way.

Secondly, I am in love with your bag. The fabrics are awesome! Lately, I have a thing for the type of bird on your bag. So sweet.