Monday, November 24, 2008

catching up


Oh man, I love when I ask for opinions. You guys always have great ideas but it's funny because there are always a million different ideas. They really did help and I can't wait to show you when it's done. It's going to be very, very cute!

This weekend went by really fast. My sister-in-law and kids came into town Friday night. On Saturday, she and I had a day without the kids, and got to play a game of Hide and Seek all around D.C. It was hilarious. It was put on my a group call FART in D.C. We were given clues to find the "hiders" all around the city and then had to get them to sign our card. It kind of felt like a mini Amazing Race. My shins are still feeling it, a harsh reminder that I really need to get back into shape. Anyway, we had a great time and it was so fun to do something unusual.

I've listed two new Dopp Kits today. I also purchased a showcase on etsy for "Gift for Him." I'm not sure if it'll be worth the $15 that it costs, so it'll definitely be a learning experience. I've heard/read that they're not really effective marketing tools, but I figured I might as well give it a shot myself.

Well, that's all that's going on around here. I hope your week is starting off well. I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hello katie!

just browsing around blogland and found you. i like your page. and i like the 'creative mess' comment and i like the doll dress - can't wait to see how it turns out!

thankfulness - i am posting a bit of thankfulness every day this week over at bitsofsunshine.typepad.com - come visit!

sulu-design said...

Love the dopp kit! I've been wanting to make something like that for my brother-in-law for Christmas, but I'm just not skilled enough in sewing...
Happy Thanksgiving!

Needled Mom said...

The "Amazing Race" game sounds like it was great fun. I can imagine being sore after a race like that.

One never knows how sales will go on Etsy, but it is certainly worth the try. It looks like a creat idea and well done too. Good luck.