Monday, April 14, 2008

Well Thank Goodness That's ALL over


Wow, I had quite the last few days. Yesterday we spend most of the day in the ER with Isaiah. I'll spare you all the details, but basically he got a hold of some adult cold medicine and drank it (although I wasn't sure how much). We spent 2 hrs waiting to be seen, then had to wait another 2 to have his blood drawn. As it turns out, the level of Tylenol in his bloodstream was probably equivalent to a lick off the top of the bottle. So it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought, but enough for me to still feel guilty that he even got to it and had to go through the whole hospital ordeal. Anyway, I am beyond relieved everything is o.k. and today I'm spending the day moving anything he could get his hands onto.

I also spent the whole weekend at the craft fair with 6 other talented ladies. I wish I could say it was more successful, but I think that our booth didn't really fit in with the other vendors. It was more of a "country" craft fair and a lot of the things were not handmade. They even had fake coach and gucci purses (which people were going crazy over, by the way). In the end, I made a little money, so I'm glad I didn't lose anything. And I got to hang out with some cool gals from EtsyCrest.I even got to meet two cool bloggers, who also happen to be sisters. It is always great fun to meet the people you "know" through your blog. I've had nothing but good experiences with it, and I can say the same about Rebecca and Mandi. You can read more at Rebecca's blog. She had some nice things to say about our Etsy booth (and me, of course). It was really nice meeting you gals!

I'll be updating my shop soon to, as I have a lot of stuff leftover from the craft fair. That is, if I can find my camera charger. It must have disappeared in the piles of everything that had been ignored while I was getting ready for the show. Maybe I'll start cleaning up the house too ;)

17 comments:

Philigry said...

so sorry to hear about your little guy! how scary. You tables look beautiful! it is too bad that people go to a craft fair, and try to sell things they did not even make! they should not even be allowed in! it looks like you worked really hard,and everything you did looks great!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh my, thank goodness it wasn't a lot.

It's a bit of a scary thought, but you actually need MORE childproofing the older they get, not less. And do not be fooled by that silly "not for children under 3" thing either and think that once they turn 3 the danger is over. (silly batteries). LOL

Unknown said...

I'm glad Isaiah is fine! What a scare.

And it sounds as though even though the craft show wasn't a HUGE success that you had a lot of fun. That's what matters!

Anina said...

Wow, that's scary! Especially having to wait 2 hours. Something could have gone seriously wrong in that period of time. Why is it called an EMERGENCY room if they don't treat anything like an emergency?

jessica said...

So glad Isaiah's OK. I had a little panic attack yesterday after I couldn't find a battery from our scale that I had put on the bathroom counter. Luckily I found it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Isaiah is OK. That had to be a tense wait for y'all.

Jenn Maruska said...

Now that all this excitement's over - you can give yourself a break! : )

Breanna said...

So sorry about Isaiah. Just so you know, you're not the only one. I've been through the same ordeal, and now have to keep everything locked in a box way up high, and hide the key. My kids can be determined.

Why would they let people sell fake Gucci at a craft fair? I wore your headband yesterday, and still love it :)

Amy Yang said...

Now if you'd just given Isaiah that beef jerky chip then it would have counter-acted against the cough syrup and you wouldn't have had to go to the ER, lol. Seriously though, I'm glad he's okay. Now that I've found your blog I will begin my cyber stalking :P

lera said...

Yikes. Sorry to hear about your little guy. Thankfully it was nothing, but you never know.

My #2 once ate about a half bottle of Tums at my mother's house. Do you know they don't have a safety cap on those things? Well, it turns out they are safe to ingest handfuls at a time (per my frantic call to Poison Control). It was still scary.

Why, oh why, do those fake bags get so much attention? They are still way over-priced!

Stephanie said...

At least you had a good time. I'm glad Isaiah is ok!

Rebecca said...

Whew! Glad Isaiah is okay! Scary :(

It was so nice to meet you and the other girls! The craft fair was okay but other than what I picked up at your booth the only other things I bought was a Lenox candle holder (too cheap to pass up) and some home made dog treats (which my dogs really love!)

I'll have pix of me sporting my fabulous new purse soon. :)

Rory said...

I feel your pain....I had to call poison control when my little one was 10 months after she ate a Dramamine I dropped....turns out it just made her sleepy. But those are the scariest moments aren't they?

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Glad Isaiah's ok! You know when you need to give him cold medicine, he won't want to go near it!

It was so nice to meet you too! I love all of my goodies!

Chara Michele said...

I am glad to hear that Isaiah is okay! That sounds scary...

I still don't quite get the craze over fake coach & gucci purses... (I guess I don't get the craze over the real ones either though:)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So glad your son is OK!!

I have had the same experiences at Craft Fairs. I always seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Or no one comes that weekend. Or both. I also have a hard time finding out about them. Do you have any tricks to finding craft fairs?

African Kelli said...

Can't wait for the shop update and I am so, so glad your sweet little one is okay.