Monday, April 28, 2008

Slowly but Surely



I had a lovely birthday weekend. My mom made a surprise visit from NY on Friday, just in time for a wonderful birthday BBQ. I received a couple of gift cards for iTunes, which I have been desperately wanting so that I can download some more David Cook. We spent all day Saturday in the garden and I have a sunburn to prove it. Saturday night John and I went out on a date (a real date!) and saw Baby Mama. We both loved that movie and it provided some really great laughs.



I finally picked up the Juliet after several weeks of not touching it all. I suddenly felt motivated to finish it and I have been working on it non-stop for the past two days. Perfect timing too since we've had some pretty heavy rain yesterday and today. There's nothing like snuggling up on the couch and knitting. I'm glad that I learned such a portable craft. Anyway, I'll be really excited when I finish this project. I'm nervous about how it's going to fit though. I read a lot of reviews about how the pattern ran really big, so I'm knitting a medium. I'm using Brown Sheep cotton fleece and it's really stretchy. I think that's probably part of the reason that it runs big. The yarn is nice and soft, but it does stretch a lot and I'm hoping that it doesn't change the shape of the Juliet too much. I probably have to do at least 3 more lace repeats to finish and at the rate I'm going, that could be months! Well hopefully not. I'm going to knit into the night and perhaps I'll have something finished to show you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anina said...

Pretty! I may need a little Juliet for myself.

Breanna said...

I'm so glad your weekend was lovely. And your sweater looks great!

misschris said...

So pretty! Glad it was a happy birthday. :)

Bee said...

You are doing such a great job with the sweater. I cant wait to see it finished too:) Love the color.

Amy Yang said...

Looks good so far :) I'm glad you had a good birthday. Isaac and I might have to go see Baby Mama now since you said it was funny. You can never be sure it will be funny with those kinds of movies.

Philigry said...

oh, i love it! that is on my list! i just got the yarn. i can not wait to see this when it is done! i hope there will be action shots!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Love the color!

Geek+Nerd said...

I love this pattern - I want to try it so badly! Alas - I need TIME to do that :P I love the color you chose, very pretty.

Heidijayhawk said...

glad you had a good birthday! hope things are well over there! the juliet is really coming along! stunning!

Heidijayhawk said...

okay, my comment just randomly disappeared, so this may be a repeat! the juliet is stunning and i am so glad you had a good birthday!