Friday, March 28, 2008

Log Cabin Goodness

Oh, you have no idea how good it was to read all the comments from fellow crafting slobs (as Kirsten put it). I am glad I'm not the only one with piles of fabrics and scraps. You never know when you might need such things!

I was able to push through the creative block and sew a little yesterday. As for the piles of fabric, they are still there. And I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon. They may very well be there until the craft fair too.


I did finish the outside of this bag. I had the idea to make this bag for probably a year. For some reason or another, I never got around to sewing it. I was thoroughly inspired by this bag by Pink Lemonade Boutique. I love love that bag!


I am very happy with the way it came out. I just have to hand sew the lining in tonight while John's at work. You know, because I can't sew in my room when he's home because I'm a scaredy cat. Hand sewing is perfect for those times.


I am most proud of my very straight quilting on the back. Actually, I'm really impressed with myself, if you don't mind me saying. It's amazing how easy sewing straight lines is if you draw them on first! I hope the back isn't too boring compared to the front. What do you think? It does take a while to do the log cabins, so I was pretty much doing just the front to save time. I had originally intended to do the quilted panel for the bottom, but ended up doing a print. That was just suggestion and I rather like it. I see many more of these bags in my future!

Today we have wonderful, gorgeous warm weather. So, I'm going to enjoy that and some sewing this weekend. I hope you all have a good one!

20 comments:

beki said...

This bag is gorgeous!

Philigry said...

oh gorl, you have don eit. that bag is prestine. i love it!
I am jealous of your nice sunny day! we are getting six inches of snow! can you believe it?
I can not wait to see what else you are going to create!

misschris said...

LOVE it. You are so quick with those things. It amazes me!

Jen said...

This bag looks great. What size is it? You could easily make a weekender-type bag by just adding to the depth of it.

Really nice. - Jen

Jenn Maruska said...

Great bag! Congrats on finishing it - it looks like it took some time.

Is it made with linen?

I have a project box that I pull out when I don't want to work in my studio. Things that are portable that I can work on infront of the tv. : )

Stephanie said...

I love it! Those fabric combinations are perfect.

Sarah and Jack said...

Gorgeous!

Becky J. said...

i don't mind the back. nice and straight and love the contrasting thread. it is very pleasing (the whole bag). i might have to experiment and do my own.
Can't wait to see what the other fabrics speak. it's always fun to see!

*~hj~* said...

Katie,
This bag is fantastic!!! I love the colors...

jessica said...

Fabulous bag - I love the quilting. did you use green thread for it?

Happy creating this weekend - have fun!

Anonymous said...

Great bag, Katie!

Anina said...

So cute! I think the back is nice. It makes the front even more special.
I'm really impressed with your straight quilting. Mine always looks like I had a couple of drinks too many. :-)

lera said...

Wait ... you had warm gorgeous weather today??? We didn't up here :-) Overcast and spritzy.

Anyway, the bag is wonderful!

LeeAnn said...

That's a really catchy bag! You'll be getting envious looks carrying that one around. I find myself sewing a simpler design on the back of purses too (if I sew anything at all!) Sometimes the effort put into the front is enough. :)

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

The bag turnd out great! I like the back just the way it is.

Lace said...

oooooo I want one!

Marcia said...

Great Bag!

Chara Michele said...

It is a lovely bag Katie! :)

Becky said...

I like the bag and was looking to see if it or one like it appeared on your etsy site. I think the back is perfect for all that is going on in the front.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.