Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Project

Ah, you guys are amazing! Thank you for all the suggestions and well wishes for my dryer. (And for Isaiah). As it turns out, the bleach and towel trick did not work exactly. I ended up spraying Clorox Clean up in the dryer and then running it a few times with some towels. Most of the pen came off, but more than likely the rest will permanently look like a smurf took a nap in there. Which is fine, as long as it doesn't come off on the clothes.

Isaiah is feeling fine now. I'm not sure what was going on with him, but a few tylenol and a couple of swigs of Mucinex and he was " all better" (to quote him). He is back to making messes for me to clean up, which is just wonderful considering the amount of laundry I needed to catch up on. But, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a laundry problem.
After all this happened, I needed a distraction. Which of course meant a new project. As if I needed another project. So I started the Juliet. My friend Stephanie has been working hard on hers and I've been envious ever since she started it. After the dryer episode the other day, I bought all the supplies and have been working on it ever since. I really like the color of this yarn. It's more purple than this picture shows. It's Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. The only problem is that this yarn is very stretchy. I'm having a hard time deciding what size to make because I have a feeling that it'll only stretch more with wear. So, I'll probably try the medium. We'll see if it can fit a nice busty girl. I'll be taking this on our car trip tomorrow. And maybe I'll take Isaiah's sweater with me. Yet another project I haven't finished. I haven't quite yet figured out how to do the sleeves. That may require another trip to the yarn shop ;)

9 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I clicked on the link you provided to see the pattern and really love this cardigan you're making. The color you've chosen is fabulous.

Philigry said...

oh, i can not wait to see this! i love this pattern. let me know about the busty factor. i am in that category too and shy away from things that make me look even bigger on the top. love that color!

Shannon said...

Love that pattern. I too am guilty of starting project after project and taking forever to complete one. Hopefully a long car ride will do the trick!

Anina said...

Well, I'm glad your are at peace with your dryer.
I love the Juliet. Have fun with it.

Karyn said...

Okay. Refresh my memory. Did you not JUST learn how to knit???????? You are a natural! Holy Cow!

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I think that's going to be a really cute sweater! I can't wait to see it completed.

Di said...

I've just started my Juliet too! You seem to be a little further forward than me! I'm making small because I read on Ravelry that it knits up quite big - I am also debating where to start the pattern section - probably below the bust because it might stick out too far otherwise!!

Can't wait to see it finished!!

Heidijayhawk said...

so glad that the boy is feeling better! i love love love that pattern and i would love to make it. if i weren't a huge wuss. totally intimidated. sigh. can't wait to see it finished!

Felicia said...

What a beautiful pattern :)