Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thank you!

Thanks so much for all your birthday wishes yesterday. I celebrated with my cousin Jenna and her boyfriend Matt, my cousin Sean, and of course, Isaiah and John. There were grapefruit and mango margaritas, which Isaiah was eyeing (sorry bud, little too young), burgers, baked beans, cucumber salad, and lots of dessert. John bought the necessary ice cream cake, and Jenna came over with a fruit tart and a mini chocolate cake just for me! And obviously I had a little of each one. It was such a nice day. Isaiah even enjoyed some beans.

Isaiah and I spent the day thrifting and going to the fabric store. I needed some new fabric to finish off the pajama pants. So much for the "use what you have" theory. I got some cute paisley and started them yesterday. They'll have to wait until next week to get finished because I'm going to NY for the week.
Jenna and I driving up to Hyde Park, NY (my hometown) today. Tomorrow we'll be headed off to Rochester for the weekend and then returning for a week long visit with my parents (and hers). I'm excited for this break, I haven't been home since Christmas. My parents live in a small town, Rhinebeck, which is the cutest the village. They live within walking distance of restaurants and fun shops. I cannot wait to have the best bagel ever from Bread Alone. I will have one (or two) everyday. yummmm.

The best part about going up to NY is that hubby has promised to have my sewing machine serviced while I'm gone. My mom got it for me at a garage sale about 5 years ago for $25. It hasn't been serviced since and it's long over due! I hope when I get back there will be lots of smooth sewing. Maybe I'll be able to finish up the pajama pants.

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks again for all the b-day wishes.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mango margaritas! Yum. Sounds like you had a great time.

Rebecca said...

Oh you'll be in my neck of the woods! (so to speak) I love Rhinebeck, it's so cute there. Have a wonderful trip!

LeeAnn said...

I got my first sewing machine from a yard sale for $25 too! That's what started this all. I wish I had someone to teach me, but I suppose all those mistakes I made were worth it in the end.

LA said...

Sounds like a great trip planned. Enjoy! I think the NY weather will be good to you, too. :)

Happy belated birthday! LA

Unknown said...

What a wonderful birthday week you're having! Sounds like such fun! :)

Anina said...

My son orders a "virgin Margarita" at every Mexican restaurant we visit and gets one when we make them at home. Are we steering him down the wrong road, you think?
Have a wonderful trip!

lera said...

Have a great trip.

Thank you for the buttons and fabric. They arrived today. I love all of it.

Heidijayhawk said...

can't wait to hear your stories when you come home! glad your birthday was a happy one!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! You asked, and we are from the same neck of the woods, almost...I live in Ulster County, but had all of my babies in Rhinebeck. Hope you are having a fantastic getaway.

African Kelli said...

So glad to hear you had a nice birthday!
And I had my sewing machine serviced a while back and if yours is anything like mine? You will be so, so pleased with the result.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Would you believe that my birthday is April 25 too?! We are the coolest people ever! :)

Oh, except I just turned 30. Yikes! Want to trade?

Hope you had a fantastic birthday and your trip goes well, we're celebrating tomorrow with a party at the house and then leaving for Ireland next week.

Stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Yesterday's weather was perfect for margaritas and bbq, glad you enjoyed it. Have a great time in NY.

Natasha said...

SO glad you had a great birthday, and yumm to the mago margaritas...do you have a recipe for those?