Monday, April 02, 2007

A crafty weekend

Thank you so much for all your well wishes! After Thursday night's episode, we're all feeling much better with only a few sniffles left.
Saturday we took Isaiah to his first Easter egg hunt at Riversdale Mansion right down the street from us. We got there, and I realized I had forgotten the camera so I walked back to our house to get it. By the time I got back, Isaiah, of course, had already lost interest in the whole process. I think he may have been intimidated by the other kids running after all the eggs and was more interested in watching them go for the eggs. I managed to catch a few shots of him in action, but this is my favorite.

Yesterday was my husband's 25th birthday. We went out to dinner with my cousin and her boyfriend on Saturday night. They had planned to take Isaiah overnight on Saturday, but since Isaiah was still a little sick, we had to change our plans. It was a little disappointing because I was looking forward to a night out alone with hubby, but it turned out to be a really fun night after all.

I was able to complete 2 craft projects that I have been wanting to do for a while. I finally finished this little wristlet I had started like two months ago. It's made from scraps that I had from other projects. I also added a layer of batting and did a little quilting on the front. I used Kelli's wristlet tutorial, which is very easy to follow! So thank you Kelli!


I also made this apron from the InStitches book. I couldn't really take a great photo of it, but I'm really happy with the way it came out. This was actually a fairly quick project, so I recommend it if you need a quick sewing fix.


And in other news, I am soooo excited that it is finally baseball season!! Last night hubby and I cracked open some beers and watched the Mets and the Cards. Today at 2pm I'll be watching my beloved Yankees on tv. I can't wait to go to some baseball games this year. It is by far my favorite summer activity to do. I don't think there's anything better to do (well other than crafting, of course!) then going to a baseball game, drinking beer and eating a hot dog! We live close to both the Orioles and the Nationals, so hopefully we'll be able to go many times!!

5 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

look at you girlie! i swear! i love love love the wristlet!

Anina said...

You sound so much better! A great weekend will do that for you.

Karyn said...

That's such a cute wristlet, I love the scrapiness of it.

Anonymous said...

You were quite the crafty girl this weekend! That writstlet is super cute. Glad the sickies are gone, too.

Anonymous said...

What a fun crafty weekend! Love the picture of Isaiah.