Monday, March 22, 2010

tricky blocks

This month for my two quilting bees I had two tricky blocks to complete, a cathedral window and triangles.

Sandy had the wonderful idea to have us do cathedral windows. It was a fun block to make but I probably could only make a few before getting tired of doing it. That's why this was an ingenious idea for a quilting bee!


 The second block is for Corey. She asked for triangles and squares. Somehow I came up with this. I like it, but it's a little bigger than the size she asked for. Let's just say my math was a little off when I calculated what size square to use. 

Lastly, my pattern for the Carry & Go wallet should be available tomorrow. My friend Kristine tested it for me last week and hers came out great. Hopefully I can get my act together and finish it up tonight!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love your cathedral windows! The colors are wonderful!

Aurora Sisneros said...

Oh man, LOVE the windows. Always wanted to learn how to do that!!

Needled Mom said...

I love the Cathedral Window quilts, but wonder how patient I would be with one too.

Love the hst one. The colors are gorgeous.