Thursday, August 09, 2007

wallets and thrifting

Not much has been going around at Casa de Katie lately. I've just been feeling blah. I get this way when I'm stressed and/or tired, and there's a lot of that been going around recently. Plus it's so freakin hot out that I'm pretty sure I have cabin fever.

Anywho, I finally got around to sewing some more things today. I've been wanting a new wallet and have been fooling around with some patterns.
I made the black and white one first, and I love it, except that the credit card holders are too small. That's not very functional. To the second one I added a license holder and a zippered coin pouch. This was is a little better, but it is a little too bulky. I'll probably try a few more time, practice makes perfect, you know?


I also had some luck thrifting last week. I found some really cute vintage fabric. Do you see the one with clowns? It is pretty cute, but I'm sure I'll be putting some of that on etsy. And these 2 teacups which I couldn't resist. I love the color and the cute little pattern inside. I don't know why I'm drawn to teacups so much. And there's always the best ones at my thrift store. These will be on etsy shortly too.


I am a lucky mama today because I get to have a little much needed girl time this evening. I'm meeting a friend (whom I've known since middle school!) for dinner tonight. It's restaurant week in D.C. so we're trying out this cool sounding restaurant. They say they try to use organic and mid-Atlantic products when they can. That's always a plus in my book. Oh, I can't wait. I'll have to report on it tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure this layout is looking a little weird. My apologies. I'm too lazy to fix it today!


7 comments:

beki said...

Cute wallets! I've been a little fearful of going there.

Anonymous said...

Love those two pretty little cups. The color is delightful and the inside flowers are like a little surprise.

Sorry, but I'm of the clowns are evil camp! LOL

Anonymous said...

Have fun tonight! Sounds like a neat place. And I love the clown fabric -- so cool!

Anina said...

Cute wallets.
Enjoy your night out.

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on blogs... and I saw you had your van stolen!! how rude!! That is awful.

You've been getting some cute stuff thrifting. Love the Alice cups and todays blue teacups. i have a thing about cups lately....

LeeAnn said...

I will be very interested to hear how that restaurant was. We'll be heading into DC sometime soon and love to try new places.

Chara Michele said...

Cute wallets! I really love the fabrics you used on that black & white one...

You always have the best thrifting finds!