Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The post that's all over the place

Wow! I've been gone for a while. Things are finally starting to settle down around here. My sister and cousin came to visit last week, so we spent a lot of time running around D.C. Then on Saturday my other cousin and I decided to hold an impromptu yard sale. Of course we pick the hottest day in August so far. It went well, but by the afternoon our traffic had really slowed down. Mostly the sale was freeing for me. I finally went through some boxes that hadn't been unpacked since we moved in. The things that didn't sell went straight to the thrift store and I am happy to say they are no longer in my life.
I haven't done a whole lot of sewing or thrifting since Florida. Even though that vacation was really relaxing, it's been so hard to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully today I'll get my act together. I am having one of those days that I feel like a really good mommy. Ever have those? We've already been to the post office and to Target. Isaiah got some new socks which he was really excited about. And we've played catch for about 2 hours. Now he's napping, and it's giving me a chance to straighten up.
I did manage to finish up this wallet and I love it. I finally figured out the kinks and the credit cards actually fit. whoohoo. You have no idea how frustrating that was! Anyway, I'll probably be making a whole bunch of these for the upcoming craft fair. (which by the way I'm still feeling stressed over.) Thanks for all your advice. Some of you may be getting some e-mails with questions from me!


And as if this post hasn't been all over the place already and making no sense, does anyone have a good source for snaps (the kind you can just hammer) and magnetic snaps?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the wallet, Katie! And welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a source for snaps for I buy my magnetic snaps from ebay. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrtsZ48QQsassZahkwoksupplies

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, Love your blog! De-lurking to give you this link: http://www.snapsource.com These are my favorite snaps but I can't find them in any my local fabric or craft stores so I order them here. They come in lots of colors and are easy to set. You do have to buy a tool but its not very expensive and you only have to buy it once. I'm not sure if these are the cheapest snaps around but they do look nice when you get them on. Hope this helps!

jessica said...

I buy magnetic snaps from my local JoAnns - $3 for 6 snaps. It's the least expensive source I've found so far and I've been happy with the quality. They sell them in the section with the little bins in our store.

Anina said...

Welcome back. The wallet is really cute.

lera said...

Cute wallet.

Have you tried ebay for magnetic snaps?

Also, Beki (Artsy-Crafty Babe) has a snap press that she loves. I can't remember what it is called though.

Chara Michele said...

Such a cute wallet!