Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thirfty finds

While my sister and cousin were visiting, I did manage to fit in a trip to the thrift store. No visit would be complete without showing my guests my favorite spot in town. I found one huge bag of fabrics for $6.95, which I was debating on even getting for its "lofty" price. It's funny that when it comes to thrifting, I find it hard to pay more than $2 for fabric. This was worth it though, because the bag included some nice vintage fabric.

I'm definitely digging these brown ones for fall. Although I'm not so sure about the bandanna print. Also included in the bag were these red and green prints. They are great vintage prints, with that lovely vintage texture. Some of the green one might go on etsy because there's a lot of it. This apple print is one of my favorite. It almost has a knit feeling to it. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. On the way out, I spotted this beautiful green tablecloth.
I'm going to have a hard time cutting this one up! Sorry the pictures aren't the best today. I'm tired and it's dreary out. So this is the best they'll get for today.

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Gah! Don't cut it. Put it on the table. I can't see the whole print but I think that is a Wilendur Pussy Willow.

Anonymous said...

Yep that apple pattern is my favorite too. Looks like you're heading for another Use What You Have Challenge for next summer as well! :)

Anina said...

What lovely fabrics! I love the little apples too.

jessica said...

I love big bags of fabric like that at the thrift store - I often find surprises in them (like a pair of scissors once) and if there are pieces I don't like, I just give it back to the thrift store.

Heidijayhawk said...

oh you luncky girl! wow! i love them all!

LeeAnn said...

How funny are we thrifters that bulk at a $6 price tag. But when you are used to finding $.25 deals it is harder to fork out the extra $5.75. I can't tell you how many times I have walked in a thrift store with $2.00 cash and came out with a bag full.

lera said...

Great fabrics and table cloth. Are those pussy willows on the table cloth?

Chara Michele said...

I love that apple print and that tablecloth looks cute too!