Monday, June 28, 2010

Urban Home Goods Swap

                                                        picture by Dusty911 (flickr)

This post is majorly overdue, seeing as this swap was about 2 months ago. This was a wonderful swap on flickr run by the fabulous Kerri and Heather. The idea was to make (obviously) items for the home, using modern fabrics and styles. It was a secret swap which are my favorite because you see all the great things posted in the flickr group and the anticipation of finding out which is yours is so fun. We all made mosaics of things we liked or were inspired by as a starting off point for our partners. My partner to send to was Daria. I decided to make her a sewing machine cover, a pin cushion, and an eyeglass case.



I received from Holly and boy was I ever lucky. I think pictures cannot do justice to what she sent. She made this beautiful knitting needle holder, made with linen and patchwork hexagons, a patchwork cork board, and a pin cushion. I can't tell you how much fun this swap was. I think there's going to be another round soon, so if you can get in, I'd highly recommend it. Check out the flickr group to see all the other things people made!


4 comments:

Trisha said...

What a fun swap! Cool sewing machine cover. I love the knitting needle case your partner made for you. Very cool!

Jean @ Quilted Cupcake said...

I love the things you made (and the goodies you received!) I love the combo of modern fabrics and classic patterns. My sis keeps wanting me to try making hexagons, but so far, I'm holding out (kinda scared of them!)

iSew said...

Wow!! Looks like a great swap. That needle holder is beautiful!

Wendy said...

lovely stuff you've made, as ever! Was the sewing machine cover easy to make? I want to make one as a present but am a bit nervous about it.