Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Long time...

Hello there. I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. We've had a crazy month and things are finally starting to calm down a little. After we got back from France I was majorly occupied with the Vintage Sheet Swap. Then John got sick and he ended up in the hospital. The day he was supposed to be discharged he contracted a staph infection and he ended up staying in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. At the tail end of his stay Isaiah got strep throat, which he nicely passed to me, and I ended up sick for a few days. Anyway, we're all on the mend. John is home now and feeling much better, although he has to be on antibiotics for 6 weeks. Isaiah is at John's parents house attending camp, so I'm trying to use this time to catch up on everything.


I do have a few crafty things to show from ages ago so hopefully I can visit this space a little more often. And so I don't leave this post without pictures, here are a few shots of what our living room looked like with all the swap boxes. We had a little over 90 participants and this is about 1/3 of the boxes I had. We have a pretty small house so I had to do all the swapping in our living room which was quite challenging. It was a lot of work but lots of fun. I loved getting to see all the sheets everyone sent it.

And how about that goal for USA today!?!?! Nail biting I tell you! Anyone else have World Cup fever??

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Glad to hear that everyone is on the mend again. What a time you have had!

Anina said...

I'm glad everyone's on the mend over at your house.
Woohoo for the U.S.A!
I'm really sleep deprived - been getting up at 4am most mornings to watch the games live.

Trisha said...

So glad you are all feeling better! Sounds like a lot of stress. Love seeing those gorgeous piles of vintage sheets. Wishing I would have participated! :)

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear your hubs was sick. I'm amazed at how you keep going and never complain. LOVE watching the World Cup. USA! USA! USA!

mommymae said...

bless your heart! i think my husband would kill me if i chose to host the swap ever!