Friday, September 11, 2009

want to make your own house?





Thank you for all your comments on my little house quilt! It was really fun to make and very addictive. So much so that I'm working on some paper piecing patterns for the houses. Mine was not paper pieced, but I figured that it would be easier for people to follow. I've created one that I'll be sharing with you all for free. It is the same pattern I used to make the block of the pink house. The finished block is approximately a 6" square. I have a couple more blocks in the works and I'll be offering them for sale in my etsy shop as soon as they're ready. ** Update-- They're available now in the shop!*** If you've never paper pieced before here are two sites that have pretty good tutorials.



You can print on regular printer paper or use freezer paper, whatever you prefer. Also remember to set you stitch length to a smaller length so that it will be easier to tear the paper off in the end.



Here is the link for the free house pattern. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them in the comments section. Paper piecing can be tricky, but the more you do it, the easier it will get. Scraps are fine to use for this project, but make sure you have enough fabric to cover the piece it will go on.

I'm also in need of a couple of testers to try them out to make sure everything works out. If you're interested and can get back to me quickly, let me know!

5 comments:

kelly lautenbach said...

I'd love to help you test out the patterns. :)
Let me know!
-Kelly

craftytammie said...

I'd love to make one for you! I'll try to have one done by Sunday night.

Jessica said...

I've never tried paperpiecing, but this looks like the project to try it out!

Philigry said...

you are awesome! i was trying to figure this out after i saw amandajean's, but i knew i would get frustrated. thank you for sharing!

craftytammie said...

hey girl, you're on whipup! http://whipup.net/2009/09/16/quilted-houses/