The salt dough project is finally finished. What was supposed to take one day, ended up taking several, but so is life. Right? I apparently mixed something incorrectly because the dough spent 2 whole days baking and never fully dried. I tried everything from turning the pieces to increasing the temperature.
Isaiah spend the majority of yesterday running to the oven to check if his pieces were done. Finally I caved in and just let him paint them. This morning I sealed them with mod podge and assembled the pieces using ribbon. It's a bit fartsy looking, but it's going to a Grandma for Valentine's and I'm sure she'll love it. Especially since it is the work of this cute little guy (and of course some help from mom.)
And if anyone's interested, I've made some new Valentine door knob hangers, and they are now in my shop(my sad, neglected shop). This one is my favorite. Have a great weekend everyone!