Thursday, December 03, 2009

dopp kits



A while back I thrifted some vintage houndstooth wool fabrics. I ended up bringing home the gray and brown, but they also had red which I regret not buying now. Anyway, they've sat around my sewing room for months now, taking up space, but looking oh so gorgeous. I finally decided that I'd make some Dopp kits with them because I think they're pretty classy fabrics. I used some leather from thrifted skirts and lined them with some Joel Dewberry woodgrain home decor fabric. I think the brown one is my favorite. Mostly because I love the bright green zipper with the dark brown. Now I'm going to have to search my stash of zippers to see if I have anymore in that color.


I'm headed out for a trip with my sister to somewhere in southern virginia. She has a conference and wanted me to come along, so Isaiah and I are tagging along. Hopefully I can get some Christmas knitting done in the car. I really need to catch up on presents. If anyone's interested in one of the dopp kits, they're in my etsy shop now. Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Katie! I am trying to track you down re: a Pencil Pouch Anna loves but may be sold out. Patrick@pickpatrick.com

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful and so nicely done.

Jody said...

I love this ... the green zipper really makes it pop!

Philigry said...

hey there, send me your mailing address. i have some of the red and I am happy to share! I would love to send it to you. I think it is the exact fabric you have there. my sister got it for me. she found like 5 yards for 2 bucks! I will get it in the mail this week!

craftytammie said...

these are gorgeous!

Jenn Maruska said...

I like the green and brown, too!

Philigry said...

katie,
i wanted to check in and see if you got the fabric. I sent it out a week ago....