Friday, December 05, 2008

hello

Well, hello there. I didn't mean to take that little break, but you know, things happen. We had a fun holiday, despite the fact that almost every person caught the nasty little virus going around, including yours truly. When we weren't sick, we were busy playing Rockband on Playstation, which was seriously fun. This is one of my favorite shots of John and his sister. Hilarious. I don't dare show the picture of myself here, for fear you guys might stop reading ;) Although if you're my friend on facebook, you might be able to catch a glimpse of it.

I also finished up the doll dress for my niece just in the nick of time. I didn't get a picture of it actually on the dress, but it's still very, very cute. She seemed to like it.
We've also been busy preparing for John's upcoming bone marrow transplant, which is where honestly all my energy has been the last few days. Between yesterday and today, we're heard some bad and relatively good news. Basically John's tumor is becoming resistant to the chemo, which is obviously not an ideal situation. The good news is that he is still a candidate for a bone marrow transplant. So, as you can imagine, we've been feeling a little up and down the past few days. I just remind myself that things could be worse and at least there are options for his treatments. John has described the situation in a little more detail on his blog.

Lastly, if you're in the MD, D.C., VA area, I'll be doing a craft fair at Washington & Lee High School in Virginia. I'll be participating with other members from CREST, the D.C. area Etsy team. Be sure to stop by if you come!

5 comments:

Becky J. said...

good luck at the fair and the health stuff too. :|

Anonymous said...

I know where that is! I am from the DC area originally and used to play soccer games at Washington Lee! We might be moving back in May of next year! Good luck with all that you have going on!

Sarah and Jack said...

:-(

I've just remembered that even though I totally lost the month of Nov to illness I still owe you a package. Still need it I hope? Shoot me an email.

Philigry said...

hey there, hang in there, katie. i will be thinking and praying for you adn your family.
Did you get my package? or envelope I should say? Just want to make sure it got to you.

lera said...

Good luck, John! We will be praying for you for a quick recovery.