Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sheets



Summertime is definitely "swap season" for me. I don't know what is it about summer, but I participate in far more swaps during this time than any other time in the year. Anyway, I've finally gotten my act together for the Vintage Sheet Patchwork Swap. I was surprised at how many vintage sheets I had around the house. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying a few more. Here's what I'll be sending in.
I can't wait to see what I receive. You can see what other people sent in here in the flick pool. There are so many good ones in there!



Cutting up all those fat quarters reminded me a lot of the best swap ever (right, Sarah?) That swap was really great and I'm still using up my squares. I was thinking, is anyone interested in swap squares of vintage sheets? I had a lot of sheets that weren't quite big enough for fat quarters. The past swap (with the squares), went something like : 10 people cut 10 squares from 50 different fabrics, so each person ends up with 500 squares. Obviously we could play around with the quantities and such. If there's enough interest, I would definitely organize one. Alright, enough rambling for today. I thought maybe I'd sew tonight, but my DVD player and I have a date tonight with Weeds. Thank you netflix :)

10 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

That totally was the best swap ever. I could do it again with fabric, but I quit buying sheets ages ago.

SewAmy said...

I saw your sheet quarters on flickr, came over to check out your blog. I am in the swaptoo. I can't wait to receive all these fat quarters.

Anina said...

Wow! That's a lot of sheets. I'd swap sheet squares, just maybe not quite 500.

Jody Sanders said...

I'd love to participate in either a fabric or sheet swap. Keep us posted!

Heidijayhawk said...

i missed that swap last time, and kicked myself for it. count me in!

Becky J. said...

swap it away!! love to do it, but i don't have 50 diff. ones though. collection is growing, but not quite that big.

Philigry said...

love the sheets! and netflix too!

superstahr said...

I'd also love a swap like that but my stash has no where near 50 diff fabrics. :) Love your vintage finds!

Berber said...

Oooh I'm in for a swap!
I just don't have a lot of vintage sheets though... (and 500 squares sounds like a bit much)

Nichole said...

I'd be interested in a swap of vintage sheet squares. I'll watch for further details!